22 March 2014

Shout-out for Sheriff McSherry

Am I allowed to kiss a Sheriff or would I get arrested? Never thought I'd say it but there is one I'd like to plant a smacker on. At long last, someone with a bit of clout has had the guts to stand up and say that shrink-talk in a court is an attempt to 'excuse' the behaviour of thugs.

It was reported in the Scottish Express that Sheriff Craig McSherry, was about to sentence Stuart Lawrie, 23, for assaulting his partner when he was told the accused had Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

The usual turn of events normally goes something like this - a shrink gets paid a shed load of cash to write a  short story that says the accused has something wrong with them and it's called ADHD. The shrink can't prove it, but he thinks he's God so you'd better shut your gob or else. Then the legal rep tells the Judge about his poor little client, diddums, who's got the world on his shoulders, who finds it hard to control himself, who beats the crap out of others, who trashes a joint for no reason, all because poor little diddums has got ADHD because God The Shrink said he's got it. The little shit is then let off, gets an arm wrapped round his shoulder, told everything will be all right, gets some amphetamines down his throat, and goes on his merry way.

Sheriff McSherry wasn't having it. He slammed ADHD as an excuse for thugs hence I want to kiss him, run my fingers through his wig and tell him he's a good egg. As for the politicians jumping on the bandwagon, I've no time for them. In fact, they need to open their eyes. The Express article said, "Falsely claiming to be suffering from ADHD was “insulting” victims." Oh please. Wake up! No one has ADHD. You can't insult the victims of ADHD because there aren't any. The only way you can be a victim of ADHD is if someone believes you've got it.

Anyone who wants to have a go at me for writing this, bring it on. Tell me ADHD is real. Tell me ADHD is that or that, or that God The Shrink has written about it. I'll have just one thing to say to you, "How d'you know that then?" Please have your answers ready.

No comments: