02 August 2009

D'you remember Road Runner? Doc, I think it's Wylie Coyote...

The Independent carried a story about the secrets of how to interpret the Rorschach test. The secrets were revealed after the ink spillages or whatever they're called and their interpretations, were posted on Wikipedia. According to Herman Rorschach, the intepretation of the splodges can tell what the person is thinking. Paddy Mac would like to ask: "How d'you know that then?"

It's yet another brilliant example of the make-it-up-as-you-go-along brigade claiming this and that when they have absolutely no idea. I guess I leave myself open on this one as any psychiatrist could come along and tell me I'm wrong, or that I'm not an expert in the field. Fine by me. What I could do is make up an equally stupid test and like Dr Rorschach, put it out there and tell others what they should think about this or that.

Then the shrinks out there could come and ask me, "How d'you know that then?" My answer: I made it up in my spare time so I could make a bit of beer money.

No comments: