18 November 2010

No more porridge for Mummy Bear

A psychiatric nurse, involved in a ménage à trois, has been struck off the nursing register. Jayne Reed got up to all sorts of seedy shenanigans with a 46-year-old and an 18-year-old patient. The Nursing and Midwifery Council heard that during the shenanigans, Reed would be "mummy bear" while the 46-year-old man... I wont go into details but daddy bear and baby bear were involved if you get my drift.

What struck me in the report in The Sun was that Ms Reed said: "I am angry at the mental health trust who failed to notice the decline in my practice and professionalism." Talk about passing the buck. This lady is off the scale. It's a bit like saying, "I drove at 120mph and lost my license. I'm now angry at the police who failed to notice my rubbish driving." She crossed the boundaries and she knows it.

She should be angry at herself for using patients for her own sexual gratification, angry at herself for thinking she could get away with it by blaming the Trust, and angry at herself for not thinking about the effects of her actions.

No more porridge for you Mummy Bear.

No comments: